Thursday, 24 May 2012 15:21
From organism to architecture
In the May issue of architecture magazine, Sveriges Arkitekter, architect Anna Maria Orru talks about biomimetics, "From organism to architecture". Anna Maria was one of the teachers in the Biomime Graduate School course "New Materials, New Design" a collaboration between by Biomime/KTH, Innventia and Konstfack. Read the article (in Swedish) here.
Thursday, 29 March 2012 07:55
About Cellulose-Based Biomimetic at ACS
Prof. Harry Brumer from Biomime/Michael Smith Laboratories University of British Columbia and Prof. Olli Ikkala from Aalto University (a member of the Biomime Scientific Advisory Committee), participated in a press conference introducing their session on Cellulose-Based Biomimetic and Biomedical Materials at the American Chemical Society meeting March 26. You can watch the video here.
Wednesday, 25 January 2012 19:02
New packaging developed in a 24-hour race
In just 24 hours two cross disciplinary student teams managed to develop innovative solutions to how the forestry group Södra´s new biocomposite material DuraPulp can be used in food packaging. The result, and a winner, was presented at the ForestBeyond Innovation Day, held at Innventia Jan 18, where the forest industry and academia together tried to find new success recipes. Read more in Campi and KTH Näringslivssamverkan (in Swedish).
- Erik Johansson develops new cellulose based materials
- "New Materials, New Design"
- ACS Cellulose-Based Biomimetic and Biomedical Materials session
- Harry Brumer moving to Canada
- Annual meeting 2011
- Johanna Fugelstad´s thesis work and future plans
- Algae and Innovation
- about Jens Eklöf´s doctoral thesis
- Biomime Board member Katarina Jonasson
- WWF Innovation Safari at Biomime
- ESS and Nano Connect Sweden visited Biomime
- Nomchit Kaewthai finish her PhD work
- Closing the Material Gap - Behave!
- Biomimetic Membranes, interview with Jonathan Liljeblad